View/Cancel upcoming appointments here.
Schedule an Appointment
Schedule your appointments here.
Thank you for visiting the Council's Online Appointment Scheduler to schedule an appointment for assistance.
Applications for assistance will be accepted by appointment only and are dependent on the availability of funds. Applicants must be a resident of Bourbon, Fayette, Harrison or Nicholas County. To receive assistance, you must provide the required documentation for and meet the income guidelines for each specific program.
List of Common Docs Required
Failure to provide all required documentation will delay your assistance.
- Social Security card(s) or official documentation with Social Security numbers (or Permanent Resident/Green Card) for everyone living in the household.
- Most recent utility bill, which could include any disconnect or past due notices, or verification from your landlord that heating expenses are included in your rent. You may also bring an eviction notice, if utilities are included in your monthly rent. Please note that a disconnect, past due or eviction notice is not always required; our staff will conduct a full assessment of your household?s needs and match them to the services that are available at the time of your appointment. If you are applying for wood, coal, propane or kerosene, you need to bring a utility bill to verify your service address. If you participate in the Pre-Pay Electric Program, please present the statement from the utility company and include the account number, address and name on the account for all heating fuel sources and electric. If you do not have electric service, you must bring a piece of unopened first-class mail to verify your service address
- Proof of household income from the previous month or proof of zero income; for example:
- Check stubs (MUST have all check stubs showing pay dates and gross income for the calendar month prior to your appointment date and verification that you did not receive the maximum number of checks issued by your employer)
- OR, Current SSI/Social Security Award letter or Current Food Stamp Award letter
- OR, Unemployment Check Stubs
- Proof of ID
- Examples of items which cannot be accepted are previous LIHEAP applications, bank statements, copies of benefit checks, and 1099 tax forms. We cannot accept K-TAP letters or Medical Coverage Letters as proof of other income.
Please note after reviewing your documents we may request additional information to complete your application.
| 2022 -2023 LIHEAP Income Eligibility Guidelines |
|Household Size||Monthly Income|
|1|| $1,580 |
|2|| $2,137 |
|3|| $2,694 |
|4|| $3,250 |
|5|| $3,807 |
|7|| $4,921 |
|8|| $5,478 |
|The gross household monthly income for LIHEAP Subsidy must be at 130% of poverty. For each additional household member above 8, add $557.00 to the monthly income limit.|
Community Action Council prevents, reduces, and eliminates poverty among individuals, families, and communities through direct services and advocacy.
CAP Office Locations
- Fayette West Center
1902 Cambridge Drive, Lexington, KY 40504 | Google Map
- Russell School Community Services Center
520 Toner Street, Lexington, KY 40508 | Google Map
- West End Center
913 Georgetown Street, Lexington, KY 40511 | Google Map
- Winburn Center
1169 Winburn Drive, Lexington, KY 40511 | Google Map
- Wesley's Place
1414 Main Street, Paris, KY 40361 | Google Map
- Harrison County Center
216 Old Lair Road, Cynthiana, KY 41031 | Google Map
- Nicholas County Center
2323 Concrete Road, Suite A, Carlisle, KY 40311 | Google Map
Within minutes of making your appointment, you should receive a confirmation email with a calendar appointment attached to the email. In addition, you will also receive a phone reminder the day before your appointment.
Appointments can be changed or canceled at any time on this website. You can also make or cancel an appointment at any time (24/7) using our automated phone system by dialing (859) 300-6960 and following the instructions.